Friday, August 14, 2009

Preparations

Moving is hard. Moving overseas, to a small African town, with a small child is overwhelming.
There is just so much to do in so little time, and in the mean while trying to maintain harmony at home.

A small child doesn't understand why we're packing her toys and allowing strange men to carry them out! She also doesn't understand why we're living in such a chaos. Lately, she started emptying all cabinets and drawers to the floor. Should I get angry? But what else could I expect?

All our belongings will be sold, given away or disposed...its a strange feeling. We did ship a small liftvan to Ifakara with some books, clothing, home appliances and toys. It's just not possible to fit all we need in 20 Kg luggage.

Our time in Berlin is running up....tomorrow is our farewell party. I hope I don't loose contact with the wonderful people I met here over the last three years.

No comments:

Post a Comment