Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cotonou

I am in Cotonou, Benin. I guess most people have to open google maps to find out where that is, so I'll explain: on the West African coast between Nigeria and Togo. It is a dirty noisy town and the french rudeness seems to have rubbed off onto the Beninois. People don't respond to greetings, there are more frouns than smiles and I feel uneasy walking in the streets. Maybe I am spoilt by living in Tanzania where people are extremeley hospitable and friendly. I don't know....I might be totally wrong. The truth is, I am disapointed. The authorities have taken my passport and I hope to get it back on Monday. I thought the woman at immigration was going to bite me. What a Rotweiler she was...!! I'm here because of a reasearch project which we'll soon start in Benin. Im staying another week and flying back to Dar es Salaam. I already miss Max and Clara terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment